Sailcloth - Fibermax Stabilised Nylon
Sold per metre.
- Fibermax has been proven "The most durable nylon in the world" by it's selection by Global Challenge, Volvo, Clipper Cup, The Race and many more.
- Fibermax Nylon has tight constructions with excellent finish durability.
- Challenge stabilised finish adds virtually no weight. Coatings add 0.1 - 0.2 oz of weight to fabric.
- As a result, Fibermax has the maximum number of fibers for a given weight and the most dense construction.
- Fabric names are a approximate weight in g/m2
- Challenge invited the first 3.4oz, 210 denier "Volvo" Mega-Fabric. We have since introduced a 420 denier fabric, Fibermax 184. Both are used extensively by Volvo winners and participants.
Stabilised Nylon Finished Explained
The fabric is dipped through a solution of dissolved resin. The resin is then cured at high temperature. Very small resin particles are embedded in the weave, restricting it's stretch. The resin weight add-on is so slight, it's nearly undetectable.
- Full resin impregnation means better durability.
- Porosity is slightly higher than coated fabrics - no film on the surface.
- No coating means more fibers can be woven for the same weight - higher strength , lower stretch. (depending upon firmness)